[Assam] this is interesting

parulma deka parulma_deka at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 9 08:43:02 PST 2006

Salary & Govt. Concessions for a Member of Parliament (MP)

Monthly Salary: 12,000
Expense for Constitution per month: 10,000
Office expenditure per month: 14,000
Traveling concession (Rs. 8 per km): 48,000 (For a visit to Delhi &
return:6000 km)
Daily BETA during parliament meets: 500
Charge for 1 class (A/C) in train: Free (For any number of times All over
India)
Charge for Business Class in flights: Free for 40 trips / year(With wife or
P.A.)
Rent for MP hostel at Delhi: Free
Electricity costs at home : Free up to 50,000 units
Local phone call charge : Free up to 1,70,000 calls.
TOTAL expense for a MP per year : 32,00,000
TOTAL expense for 5 years : 1,60,00,000

For 534 MPs, the expense for 5 years : 8,54,40,00,000 (nearly 855 cores)
And they are elected by THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, by the largest democratic
process in the world, not intruded into the parliament on their own or by
any
qualification.

This is how all our tax money is been swallowed and price hike on our
regular commodities.......
Think of the great democracy we have.............