[Assam] Bangalore Squeezes India's Low-Skill Hinterland - What canAssam Do?

Barua25 barua25 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:51:49 PST 2006

> the current surge in India's software
>and call-center industries pushes up the price of skilled workers
>to a point where textile, furniture or footwear makers, which
>have small profit margins, can't find supervisors and managers.

Does anybody know what is India's unemployment number compared with the same yardsticks as of USA?
Without knowing this, there is no way of knowing if the author is writing purely academic stuff and it is the reality.
Are we really at that stage where the Indian youth have a choice?.
Why we hear so much unemployment of engineers?
Rajen Barua