[Assam] Do Assamese have an inferiority complex?

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Fri Feb 17 08:33:28 PST 2006

In fact I would go a step farther and suggest that the Assamese LEARN
better English, written and spoken, for them to be able to assert
themselves.

There is NO better weapon--or skill--that a desi gets intimidated by
:-), does not matter how qualified he or she is otherwise,than a
person who is proficient in English, more so on the spoken front than
the written one.

But that is NOT to suggest they ought not to learn BETTER Oxomiya
too. In fact the Oxomiya instructions should be far better it was or
is now, just like for English and every conceivable subject.