[Assam] Fwd: Re: [asom] Sports and India

Dilip/Dil Deka dilipdeka at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 18:35:04 PST 2006

Forwarding.

Dilip/Dil Deka <dilipdeka at yahoo.com> wrote:  Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:34:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Dilip/Dil Deka <dilipdeka at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [asom] Sports and India
To: ualles <ualles at yahoo.com>, assamonline at yahoogroups.com

  Where did she go wrong?
  She should have solicited advertizing  sponsorship through an agent, which is what Sania Mirza did. In the modern world if you don't push yourself you don't get the monetary rewards. Need I say anything more?
  A woman in boxing? There would have been many sponsors if it was done right.
  Dilip Deka
  Houston TX USA

wrote:
  Cricket is big business in India. There is no dearth of sponsors,
facilities, and rewards for the cricketers. Both the versions of the
game brings the country to a standstill. Cricket is good news for
everybody – the board, the punters, the print and visual media,
advertisers and the spectators.

Manipur's Kuki Queen MC Mary Kom has been World Champ twice in Women's
Boxing in 48Kg. She is however virtually unknown, there are no
sponsors for her, no media coverage, she merely has a Govt. job which
keeps her afloat. She can compete for a few more years and then will
recede into oblivion notwithstanding the laurels she brought.

Compare this Sania Mirza's achievements and earnings.

Mary Kom has recently posed this question - Where did I go wrong?

Did she?

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional