[Assam] Fw: More on UP Elections

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Mon Apr 2 12:28:28 PDT 2007

R:

>Let us also not think that such indicators will make any difference
>to the average Hobo Diok Litikai Assamese who will go on >electing
>the Congress again and again.

*** Unfortunately, as things are, it really does NOT matter WHO is
elected to rule in a given year. The problem is more fundamental,
more deep rooted. It is systemic.

Look at this:

http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20070409&fname=HCol+Rafiq+Dossani+%28F%29&sid=1

Finally, I am sure you will agree that it is quite immaterial WHO
goes past India. That competition is only for that tiny segment of
the population that has arrived and are now seeking parity with the
rest of the world's significant powers. It is a trophy issue. For
those millions ( see
http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20070409&fname=BStates&sid=1
) that are left out of that 'growing service sector' and struggling
merely to stay alive.