[Assam] Air Marshal spills beans on 'hypocrisy'

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Thu Apr 5 06:45:48 PDT 2007

Hello H:

>If you think that the Air-Officer-Commander-in-Chief of the Eastern
>Air Command of the Indian Air Force is a decorative post, well, I am
>at loss for words.

*** You ought to be :-).

What I responded to was:

	>Here are the Air Marshals of India
  	>Air Chief Marshal Dilbagh Singh ----
	> etc. etc.

And did not comment on the position of
"Air-Officer-Commander-in-Chief of the Eastern Air Command", which
may be more long lasting and thus consequential.

An Air Chief Marshal, one might imagine, is an important MANAGEMENT
position, providing leadership to his service branch, with policy
decisions, developing strategies, and so forth. If they keep changing
every year, or two, or even three; what are the chances of them
providing any, particularly in a land where nothing of any substance
gets done in such time frames ?

Could a business CEO provide any leadership if she keeps changing
every year, or two or even three?

I would however stand corrected on my perceptions. That is why I
presented my reaction in the form of a question.

So, was I incorrect? If I was, why?

Would be much obliged if you or others care to explain.

Best.