[Assam] Vote for Akuonuo!

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 15:07:47 PDT 2007

You mean this link perhaps of the Naga beauty. My father was charmed and had declared that if he was not already married he would have married one of the then girls. I have been a fan too - since Delhi Univ days of the damsels-but always afraid to talk to them due to fear  of their protector men-folks/male students. Though most students were/are from Manipur.
  Umesh

  http://feminamissindia.indiatimes.com/slideshow/%201793263.cms
  This is not the first time that Akuonuo is entering a beauty contest. This beauty from Nagaland has already been a winner at the Miss Kohima, Miss Nagaland and Miss North-East India contests. A graduate from Delhi University in Political Science, Akuonuo has worked with the NGO, Reflorescence Society, Nagaland. She hopes to become a social worker working for the benefits of the STs, SCs and the minorities.

An adventurer who likes to introspect about her life, Akuonuo calls herself an idealist who is also practical, hard-working and a perfectionist who can get lazy at times. She enjoys listening to music, reading and dancing.

Akuonuo feels that the ideal Miss India should be a person with beauty and brains. She should be, “strong enough to do, smart enough to know and sure enough to lead.” By participating in the contest, Akuonuo hopes to “mould myself as an intellect that can stand the pressures of life.”

Becoming a Femina Miss India has always been a dream for Akuonuo. In addition she sees this contest as an opportunity to bridge the differences that exists between the people of this country. Akuonuo describes it, “Though we may be coming from different places, speaking different dialects, our heart speaks as one and we are all part of something bigger than ourselves.”

Lalremlien Neitham <lalremlien at yahoo.com> wrote:
  http://feminamissin dia.indiatimes. com/slideshow/ 1793263.cms

Akuonuo Khezhie

Miss Femina India 2007 Contestant no.02:

Age: 23 yrs
Height: 5'7.5"
Stats: 32.5-24-35

To vote for Akuonuo, Sms MMI AKUONUO to 8888

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]