[Assam] Fwd: [asom] Re: Press Release on 'Fast unto Death'

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Tue May 8 07:50:53 PDT 2007

C'da,

Just realized just after I sent the mail. Sorry about that.

Your post on the subject, of course, as usual raises valid points.

"It might be a matter interested to you to know that our widely circulated
and Assam media reported Press Release to help the victims (within our
limits) of the Dhemaji Explosion did not produce any results" - Assam Watch

That is very interesting and I wonder why.

Just wondering if any Assamese families were ever affected because the ulfa
allegedly killed their husbands, children etc. But that couldn't be
true, nobody really has any good proof that it was the ulfa who could have
done such things. A good guess would be those people killed themselves for
some unknown reason.

Hence, in such a situation, it is impossible for any "rights group" or for
that matter, futile, for anybody, with any ounce of righteousness to stand
up for them.

>the propensity of some of our peers whose piety and righteous outrages are
>usually set aside ONLY for those with whom they have empathy for, be it
>for social, be it for political, be it for linguistic, be it for religious
or be it even >for moral grounds.

This, of course, does NOT hold true of the supporters and advocates of ulfa.