[Assam] Fwd: [asom] Re: Press Release on 'Fast unto Death'

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Thu May 10 19:51:47 PDT 2007

Ram:

It was my bad . You are right about what I forwarded on April 6.

But THAT was not what I have been responding to during the last three
days or so. It was about the post from assamwatch UK, which was taken
issue with by 'asom' list members. I don't recall seeing either MASS(
brought into the equation by Dilip with his acronym)  or assamwatch
uk, both HR orgs., mixing up the two issues.

And on the April 6 post, I made the following, specific introduction:

"I would like to think, assamnetters would support the struggle of
these ladies who are seeking information on their husbands'
whereabouts, if they are dead or alive; regardless of whether they
support or sympathize with ULFA ?

It will also be interesting to hear how netters feel about the GoI's
refusal to submit to the High Court's orders on the matter."

If I remember correctly netters gave the request a WIDE BERTH :-).

Incidentally, the April 6 forwarded appeal was neither from MASS nor
from Assamwatch UK, as far as  I can tell. It was an appeal from/or
on behalf of the fasting ladies.

c-da