[Assam] From The Sentinel/ HOW?

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Fri May 11 11:24:37 PDT 2007

>  If the Assam Govt. so wanted, public prosecutors in Assam could at
>least make sure this guy made a >huge mistake in making Assam his
>venue.

*** Don't ask me :-).  I won't be the one to give assam govt. , a
clone of GoI operating with its blessing and sustenance, a pass.

>'criminal politicians'

*** Deriding the ''criminal politicians'  is a cop-out, an easy way
to wash one's hands of the mess. These 'criminal politicians'  are
not extraterrestrial bodies imposed on India by intelligent-designers
from outer space. They ARE Indians, put in place of power and
sustained by that vaunted desi-demokrasy and the Indian Constitution.

And the results are telling.

The fact is Ram, Indian governance is in shambles. Have always been
so. Just getting worse by the day.

It is a SYSTEMIC problem and requires a complete overhaul of all its
parts. And India is NOT up to it, Ramchandra Guha's verdict
notwithstanding.