[Assam] A Global Problem?

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Sat May 12 06:09:45 PDT 2007

I don't think we can equate public corruption in
India with sociological problems with American
youth.

Indian public corruption is a result of an
absence of deterrence, which can be instantly
remedied by appropriate changes to institutions
of state designed to provide such deterrence.
What it takes is political will, which India
cannot forge due to the fractured nature of its
polity.