[Assam] End this disease called ULFA

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Mon May 14 15:02:43 PDT 2007

Ram:

Just out of curiosity:

>  >Nowhere in the history of any struggle have the revolutionaries
>killed their own people in one hand and talked of fighting for peace,

*** Is this for a fact or a demonstration  of  profound ignorance of
modern history? Would you like to explain?

>  >- Why do they reside in a foreign country, the population of which is
>creating economic and social disorder in our state?

*** This is another bright question no doubt and someone of my
caliber would be hard-pressed to answer. But since you press the
point , allow me to take a shot ( pun intended):

	First off, if 'THEY' were residing in a foreign land, why is
it that India and Indians claim
	ULFA is fighting in Assam? Isn't that a contradiction?

	I suspect you and JS intended SOME of the ULFA leaders,
didn't you? Assuming that
	was what  it was, let me ask you this: If it were you, Ram or
JS, in the position of those
	ULFA leaders, what would you do? Play STUPID and get arrested
or get erased in some
	encounter, real or fake? Is this some kind of a question to
make the ULFA leaders look
	like 'cowards'? If it is, do you think it is working?

	If you asked me it is a pretty dumb question, really. And
dumber expectation.

>  >- They seek whereabouts of missing ULFA members, what about all the
>people they have killed. Are they going to give the reasons ?

*** Another abjectly dumb question again. These are people fighting
and dying for a cause. You may not agree with their cause. That is
how it works in a violent CONFLICT. That is WHY it is a violent
CONFLICT. One side does not agree with the other and neither siude is
asbout to play dead. Under the circumstances, expecting an antagonist
here to play NEUTRAL ( or UNBIASED to echo the favorite
kharkhowa/desi terminology) demonstrates an absence of an ability to
reason like an adult with ordinary intelligence. But I have trouble
believing that about JS and I know  you do not fit that mold. So what
is the explanation Ram?

Anyone expecting an answer to questions like that would merely be
demonstrating their living in denial, unable to accept the widely
prevalent and discernible  truths that surround them like so nmany
Indians seem to do.

I hate to see you act so disoriented a desi, Ram :-)

c-da