[Assam] End this disease called ULFA

mc mahant mikemahant at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 17:34:42 PDT 2007

<put a man on the Moon in 2010>
................and leave him there- as this one -in the Australian Desert(Assam 's Indian Rupee cannot provide him any subsistence) to polish White Man's Shoes?
mm

Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:33:47 -0500To: assamrs at gmail.com; cmahanta at charter.netFrom: cmahanta at charter.netCC: jsharma at iinet.net.au; assam at assamnet.orgSubject: Re: [Assam] End this disease called ULFA

>JS has thrown the gauntlet, now its up to them to pick it up :)

*** It could be considered such only when there is even a modicum of SUBSTANCE or realism behind a charge.  Why would anyone  want to go pick a fight with someone who would  proclaim "---The only solution left, I believe, is to eliminate every ULFA member and put all their sympathizers behind bars. " It would be like challenging an Indian who would put a man on the Moon in 2010; or recommend that all those who do not agree with him be banished to 'koliyapani'; wouldn't it?

c-da

At 11:49 AM -0600 5/14/07, Ram Sarangapani wrote:
Hehehe C'da,

I knew that would catch your attention. What JS says maybe an extreme outburst, probably from someone young - but that is how many of the younger generation in Assam feel. What kind of answers do you have for them - or do you think their feelings ought to just brushed aside?

>But, I will really like to see some die-hard sympathizers put JS in >his place :) :).

C'da - you are expecting too much out of me.
JS, right or wrong, has made a stand. Now, the ball is in the other court. People like me will sit this out for a while atleast and see what happens. At some point, I will come in to defend JS if he needs it - I have a feeling, he won't. He has done good so far.

>If audacity and the willingness to vent -- whatever that might be, ?are all it takes to resolve problems of this kind, then there would >have been no problem left in Assam , not to mention India.

No, they are not - but on this net, its a rare commodity.

>instead of passing the buck to them despicable ULFA >sympathizers, who will only make the issue more muddy  :-)?

Me? Are they turning to me now? Something is really rotten in Denmark:), and no, I am not passing the buck here - as I ain't no sympathazer. I would expect them sympathizers to be up in arms even if they circle the wagons and make it muddier:)

JS has thrown the gauntlet, now its up to them to pick it up :)

Hi Ram:

Saw your comments to Sharma's anguished outburst with his wishful recommendations and conclusions.

Good that Sharma is letting off steam.  But as an informed and experienced NRA, I would have hoped to see you explaining to Sharma the profound flaws in his line of thinking, even though I know you are unable to free your own thought processes entirely from a blind devotion to the derelict Indian state  :-).

If audacity and the willingness to vent -- whatever that might be, are all it takes to resolve problems of this kind, then there would have been no problem left in Assam , not to mention India.

So, what is missing?

Don't you think you, as someone more knowledgeable, and more experienced than obviously Sharma is,; have an obligation to help him see things in a more mature light; instead of passing the buck to them despicable ULFA sympathizers, who will only make the issue more muddy  :-)?

c-da