[Assam] End this disease called ULFA

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 19:15:39 PDT 2007

I get your point.

  Umesh

Jyotirmoy Sharma <jsharma at iinet.net.au> wrote:
  After reading about the endless sequence of bomb blasts that this
terrorist outfit is causing throughout Assam I cannot see how a
sensible person can ever think of negotiating with such a terrorist
outfit. The only solution left, I believe, is to eliminate every ULFA
member and put all their sympathizers behind bars. Those living
abroad and found assisting the outfit in any way should be barred
from entering Assam.

Nowhere in the history of any struggle have the revolutionaries
killed their own people in one hand and talked of fighting for peace,
prosperity and freedom on the other. What is even more surprising is
that there are groups(read PCPIA and others) who have openly become
the spokesperson of the outfit. They are never short in condemning
when the Army kills a terrorist but hardly raise a voice when
innocent people are getting slaughtered in their bomb blasts. Yes, it
is true that the Army has killed and tortured innocent people in
Assam but then the Army wouldn't be there in Assam if we didn't have
the disease in the first place.

Some questions which a pro-ULFA supporter may care to answer:
- Why do they reside in a foreign country, the population of which is
creating economic and social disorder in our state?
- Why don't they fight the Indian Army but hide in their holes when
confronted? Why do human rights become a big issue when their members
are killed and not when innocents are getting maimed and killed by
their bomb attacks at public places?
- Why do they plant bombs in public places and kill innocent people?
- They seek whereabouts of missing ULFA members, what about all the
people they have killed. Are they going to give the reasons ?

This problem has gone on for too long. If Punjab militancy could be
eliminated I don't see why Assam should be different. Assam is better
off with the freedom we have under India than under these terrorists
called ULFA.

Jyotirmoy

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]