[Assam] invaders(?)

Mohan R. Palleti mrpallet at ncsu.edu
Wed May 16 05:26:28 PDT 2007

Some thoughts on the ongoing discussions:
Hordes of indians in Assam and taking over the economy.....
They are not invaders. Merely people from one state going to another. The
same way as the hordes of Assamese who decended in Hyderabad and are able
to earn a living working for "GE" Nobody looks at them as invaders...These
are the same people who had to leave Assam because there was no growth
there.

Software companies who have dared to venture into Assam and are hiring
assmese graduates. Are they also considered invaders?

The Lungi menace you are talking about does not seem to be a problem any
more. This is because our boys are wearing the same lungi in Bangladesh.

Moreover if you call Indian people as invaders in Assam, what are we in
America?

Mohan Rao Palleti