[Assam] End this disease called ULFA

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Wed May 16 06:16:50 PDT 2007

Good to hear from you Chitta.

We ask QUESTIONS in a debate like this to prove
or disprove a point, or to help lead someone to a
find an answer or a solution.

JS's post supposedly was about "End this disease called ULFA"

Fine! He had two prescriptions:

A: Wipe out ULFA militarily.
B: Send ULFA sympathizers to prison.

Do YOU , as a mature and informed adult, able to
reason; believe those recommendations would bring
about the results of his or your or Ram's or all
the others' ( who have chimed in with an array of
desires ?

If not, what are your recommendations? What do
YOU bring to the table? How do you see it
resolved?

All those questions you all pose at me, designed
to make ULFA look like a bunch of thugs and
rogues , not to mention traitors to your
Indian-ness defined by  a Hinduttwa inspired
animus towards Pakistan or even B'Desh , while
congratulating each other on your intellectual
marksmanship with the perception that you had me
on the ropes, mean:

	* That you all are frustrated and at
wit's end on how to end the conflict.
	* ULFA maybe all things you attempt to
portray them as, and even worse, but HOW
		does that solve the problem?
	* If you are trying to convince me or
Mukul Mahanta that ULFA is what YOU all portray
		them as and convert us to your
side to badger ULFA or make them look bad in
		the internet, it still would not solve the problem, would it?
	* Taunting is something indulged in by
children and immature adults, when they are unable
		to get their way with an
adversary.  Do you think ULFA will keel over or
disappear
		because of such taunting or from
the barrage of  insults that you all heap on them?
		It is an abject display of
clueless-ness, that's all. Don't you think it is
unseemly?

Just like you all, I too want the conflict to
end. But not on YOUR ( by this I include all of
you who have vented your clueless frustrations )
terms, a  surrender to Indian interests. I would
like to see ULFA obtain for Assam the rights to
re-form its governance to a modern, truly
democratic state with a rule of law and the right
to have full control over its resources.

Those of you who are satisfied with your vision
of an Assam as an Indian colony to be exploited
by outsiders with a few in Assam sharing in the
loot, as things are today, that is your burden.

There are those of us who are not handicapped by
such a mindset, will continue to speak up for
Assam's rights.

Take care.

m-da