[Assam] End this disease called ULFA

Mohan R. Palleti mrpallet at ncsu.edu
Wed May 16 18:20:55 PDT 2007

> At 2:15 PM -0400 5/16/07, Mohan R. Palleti wrote:
>>UlFA has become a cankerous growth fuelled by a foreign virus. This
>> growth
>>must stop!
>

> *** Let us agree, for argument's sake, that it is so. The question
> then will be how to CURE that cancer. How does one STOP it?
>
>>  >They should be given the opportunity to get out of it. Let them
>>come home, put down their guns and help in rebuilding Assam. This way
>> they
>>will be remembered as heroes.
>
> *** Is this a wish or is it a plan? Surely I have seen innumerable
> attempts at WISHING ULFA away. But I don't believe anything has come
> out of it so far. So why should anyone give two hoots to what Mohan
> wishes, or for that matter what *I* wish?

If the two hoots can bring some boys back home and bring them to the
mainstream of life. I do not mind being ridiculed....

>>  >Mixing up with the ISI will never bring any
>>>respect to them. No Assamese worth their salt will ever forgive them for
>>this.
>
> *** We all like to think we represent all of us think alike.
> Unfortunately that is a delusion. ISI maybe the Devil incarnate to
> those Indians who live under the delusion  that Kashmir is their
> 'poitrik xompotty' ( ancestral property) , never mind what the people
> who inhabit the ground want. But those who do not believe that, may
> very well not be moved by that connection, unless they too are
> harmed by ISI in some way. But most of all, if ISI is all that
> powerful and India is that impotent, in spite of its size, in spite
> of its wealth, in spite of its vaunted 'demokrasy', in spite of its
> how-many-thousand-years-old (?) civilization; then who needs such a
> paper tiger?

You have been prolifically writing hate words towards India.

> Large segments of Assam, mercifully, is not that driven by
> anti-Islamic paranoia that many otherwise able and intelligent
> Indians are.

I do not have a islamic paranoia. I have both Pakistani and Bangladeshi
friends. I would any day like a free and  open trade between these
countries and a open border.

Remember, I did not say Pakistani's or Bangladeshi's. I specifically said
ISI....This is a militant organization with extreme hate towards India. I
do not support any form of violence or extremism.

>>There is a good shift in the number of youth who have come out of
>>Assam to >take the opportunity of growth.
>
> *** That is nice. But anyone who can do some ordinary arithmetic and
> has a rudimentary knowledge of the geography of the region knows that
> the percentage of those who are participating in that 'growth', is
> minuscule. There are vast numbers of youth in the hinterland unseen
> by the geographically challenged urban
> 'haves' whose world view is defined by their own limited exposures
> and knowledge. That is another tragedy.

This is what ULFA has done for Assam. The rest of the country has grown in
leaps and bounds. But Assam is still miles behind. Its growth fettered by
this cankerous grwoth called ULFA.

How come in this net only you speak for the ULFA, as if you can read their
minds and speak on their behalf?

I only speak with pain that, here are a bunch of misguided people who
think they are carrying the fate of the Assam on their shoulders. They
have lost the support from the local people and now they are holed up in a
foreign country and bacame puppets in the hands of yet another foreign and
 evil power (ISI).