[Assam] Muslims in Assam, is Islam an evil cult to behave such a manner? If yes, do you want to stay within it?

Bartta Bistar barttabistar at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 04:40:59 PDT 2007

*Pakistan's Christians get threat *

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/63428.html

*Posted :* Wed, 16 May 2007 23:12:00GMT

*Author :* General News Editor

*Category :* US (World)
<http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/cat/US,World.html>

*News Alerts* by Email click here <http://www.earthtimes.org/member/> )

* <http://www.earthtimes.org/rss.php?cat=US,World>*

*US World News | Home <http://www.earthtimes.org/> *

 ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, May 16 Christians in Pakistan's tense North West
Frontier Province reportedly have been threatened with bomb attacks if they
do not convert to Islam.

The Christian community, seeking government protection, said the threat was
contained in an unsigned letter received 10 days ago that had set a Thursday
deadline for the community members to become Muslims, the BBC reported
Wednesday.

The province, which borders Afghanistan, has been hit by numerous acts of
violence in recent weeks by Taliban militants, who say their campaign is
designed to stop what they call anti-Islamic activities.

The government says it is giving protection to the 500 Christians in the
region but the BBC report said some of them already have left the area while
others live in fear.

"We are in great danger and need protection," Michael John, head of Pakistan
' s Catholic Church and a minority Christian member of parliament, told the
BBC. "We are very much in fear that due to the lack of security these
extremists will find a way to attack our people easily," said another
Christian official.