[Assam] Fw: My First Web Page

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Fri May 18 08:35:45 PDT 2007

Thanks Mahesh-da. That was a beautiful
interpretation of the Dendrobium chrysotoxum in
water-color.
BTW  this bloomed in our house and I shot the
picture in our Living Room. But I have been
unable to have any blooms since. It is a widely
distributed orchid from central and upper Assam.

You don't  need my permission for that Mahesh-da
:-).  I needed to watermark them, because I found
my pictures were lifted from websites like
assam.org (who have my permission) and used by a
commercial sites without acknowledgement or
compensation.  Hope this will deter such
activities, even though it is not preventable.
Professional photographers sometimes place the
watermark right across the image so it could not
be cropped out. But it is a terrible distraction.

Best.