[Assam] [WaterWatch] Office of The President & APJ Abdul Kalam+ a few points

mc mahant mikemahant at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 19:38:43 PDT 2007

Office of the president and a person who occupy it are two different things. We must WHY? be respectful to the office at all times and dutifully obey every good order of the president Not authorized by Indian CVonstitutionbut must also reject every bad decision of the occupant of office of president.

River Link Defies Gravity&Seasons and Jatropha are world’s most “Eccentric” programs promoted by our president and he is silently conniving on poverty, hunger, meter rigging by discoms, extortion by moneylenders and SEZ corporate loot etc. Jatropha too is a land grab program. In the following ICAR link you will find the yield under rain fed conditions is 1100 kg/ hectare, which means cultivators earn revenue of Rs.5500/- per hectare     Rice /Cereals/Oilseed @6Ton/Ha=Rs60,000 http://www.icar.org.in/pr/10052006.htm

Had he offered to resign than signing the SEZ bill, But this was for TN’s gain at India’s loss GOI would have relented and rescind the SEZ. He has not followed any democratic tradition of speaking his mind but actually promoted all the “Eccentric” programs.

Something about irrigation and water loss in canals I knew as five year old, if you tell the president 100 times and 101 times also come up with exactly the same opinion than there was terribly wrong in scientific president+Drinks  ExPM.

I am just expressing my opinion most of the states have actually rejected the river link project already.

Was it not foolish of Kalam to urge Punjab farmers to grow poisonous Jatropha trees that are deadly to known life forms when Punjab is the bread basket of India is short of food grains.

The survey carried out by National Oil-seeds and Vegetable Oils Development Board (henceforth referred only as NOVOD) as part of the "National Network on Jatropha" reported variation in 'oil-content' from 21% to 48%. The 'oil-content' in the seeds collected from Maharashtra ranged from 21% to 42%. While conducting this present study, it was found that the annual seed- yield of Jatropha is highly variable and ranges from 0.4 tons/Ha to 12 tons/Ha=how  many litres of Diesel?. In Maharashtra, the only publicly reported results of
Jatropha plantation are from Mr. Vinayakrao Patil, a pioneer in Jatropha plantation and Chairman of Maharashtra Agro-forestry Federation (Nashik). According to him, results of Jatropha plantation raised on over 20,000 acres of land between 1986 to1994-95 are not very encouraging, with yields of 1 to 1.5 tons/Ha in the third and fourth years.

Under "very good conditions", the seed production is reported to be as high as 5.0 Kg/tree or 12.5 metric tons per hectare. But in rain-fed conditions (lack of irrigation) and poor soils, seed-yield could be as low as 0.6 Kg / tree or 1.5 metric tons/Ha. Thus, the higher seed-yield is likely to be possible only from plantations on medium quality soils using quality-planting material and after standardization and adaptation of cultivation practices (such as irrigation, fertilizers, and pruning).

'D1 Oils', a private company, has reported several pests and diseases on Jatropha plants. These include Calidea Bug, Fruit Borer, Leaf Webber, Weaver Caterpillar, Mite
Infestation, and Root Rot Symptoms.

Thus, there is need to acknowledge that Jatropha can be prone to diseases and pests, especially when large-sized monoculture plantations are established on a wider scale.Is the Rocketman listening?
–        PRAYAS

To: vision-india at yahoogroups.co.in; bombaynet at yahoogroups.com; india-water at yahoogroups.com; sg at expressindia.com; suniljain at business-standard.com; tkt at thehindu.co.in; p_democracy at vsnl.com; shravanmodak at yahoo.co.uk; loksatta at satyam.net.in; olga_rbow at yahoo.com; guru at gurumurthy.net; WaterWatch at yahoogroups.com; whengodlaughs at yahoogroups.com; DailySouthAsian at yahoogroups.co.uk; karmayog at yahoogroups.comFrom: povertyfree77 at yahoo.comDate: Wed, 16 May 2007 04:42:31 -0700Subject: [WaterWatch] Office of The President & APJ Abdul Kalam

Office of The President & APJ Abdul Kalam

This is a common problem in humans they idolize rich and powerful and majority of them have no capability to analyze the real achievements of high and mighty which could be due to fear, lack of information and short of relevant qualification and caliber.

Office of the president and a person who occupy it are two different things. We must be respectful to the office at all times and dutifully obey every good order of the president but must also reject every bad decision of the occupant of office of president.

River Link and Jatropha are world’s most “Eccentric” programs promoted by our president and he is silently conniving on poverty, hunger, meter rigging by discoms, extortion by moneylenders and SEZ corporate loot etc. Jatropha too is a land grab program. In the following ICAR link you will find the yield under rain fed conditions is 1100 kg/ hectare, which means cultivators earn revenue of Rs.5500/- per hectare or Rs.15/- day. This doesn’t even cover labor cost.

http://www.icar.org.in/pr/10052006.htm

Had he offered to resign than signing the SEZ bill, GOI would have relented and rescind the SEZ. He has not followed any democratic tradition of speaking his mind but actually promoted all the “Eccentric” programs.

Something about irrigation and water loss in canals I knew as five year old, if you tell the president 100 times and 101 times also come up with exactly the same opinion than there was terribly wrong in scientific president.

I am just expressing my opinion most of the states have actually rejected the river link project already.

Was it not foolish of Kalam to urge Punjab farmers to grow poisonous Jatropha trees that are deadly to known life forms when Punjab is the bread basket of India is short of food grains.

The survey carried out by National Oil-seeds and Vegetable Oils Development Board (henceforth referred only as NOVOD) as part of the "National Network on Jatropha" reported variation in 'oil-content' from 21% to 48%. The 'oil-content' in the seeds collected from Maharashtra ranged from 21% to 42%. While conducting this present study, it was found that the annual seed- yield of Jatropha is highly variable and ranges from 0.4 tons/Ha to 12 tons/Ha. In Maharashtra, the only publicly reported results of
[...]

–        PRAYAS REPORT.

http://www.prayaspune.org/reli/PUBLICATIONS.htm

http://www.prayaspune.org/reli/Publications/Small%20farmers%20perspective%20on%20Jatropha%20Plantation%20through%20EGS.pdf

http://www.nashik.nic.in/htmldocs/disoverview.htm

It is important to mention that Nasik is high rainfall area and the rainfall is in excess of 2600mm but the Jatropha seed yield 1-2 tons is very poor and even we assume oil content of 30%, 300 kg to 600 kg oil which priced only Rs.5 per kg for seeds and Rs.20 per kg for oil means apart from poisoning the environment it is commercially unviable also.

Please note this information was available to the president. It is most disgraceful was the chief promoter of Jatropha.

He was not expected to do such things so when he did it on sustained basis for years there must be something wrong.

I respect president of India but also condemn his eccentric programs.

Ravinder Singh May16, 2007
Progressindia2007 at yahoo.com
 "sudhir giri" giri_sudhir2000 at yahoo.com---

Mr. Singh,

            With respect I don't know what you does and what is your qualification, since you have the so many problems and about others I don't know exactly but for His Excellency Dr. Kalam I knows H.E. qualification and how much H.E. has done for the country and for the Scientist and youths of India.

I don't know you how much you are contributing for the progress of India but I will reply later on

regds
 sudhir giri

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Calendar

 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

 8
New MembersVisit Your Group

South asia