[Assam] IN ASSAM DOGS AND PUPPIES ARE KILLED FOR THEIR SKIN AND MEAT

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Sun May 20 06:47:10 PDT 2007

Hehehe!

At one time, atleast , this "dish was was (popularly) called 'kukur pitha'
and we were told it does happen in certain places.  While it is possible for
Menaka Gandhi to say something like this, I think, this kind of story still
has legs is because of its strangeness.

Another thing to think about is also about the Assam in those days was a
larger, bigger Assam.
To answer your question, 'yes', I would say most older netters at least
thought it happened is a certain place. PC (and lack of any
proof) prevents us from assigning this practice to a particular place.

--Ram