[Assam] The world at her feet - TOI

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:55:43 PDT 2007

 This from the TOI
__________________

She is a beauty and she is the heartthrob of hundreds of young men in
Guwahati. You are right, we are talking about Angurlata, the most promising
actress in Guwahati right now.

Having shot to fame with the release of the big budget celluloid drama Ami
Asomiya the year before, this actress from Nalbari says that she values
dignity of labour the most in life.

Spotted by senior comedian Hiranya Deka, she made her debut on screen as a
supporting actress in Prem Bhara Soku. "I am very keen on doing more women
centric roles," says Angur who also has a flair for Kathak and Bharatnatyam.

Ever ready to listen to advice and tips from senior co-actors and unit
members to improvise upon her acting skills, this young lady says, "But
finally it is my heart that dominates my final decisions in life."

Angurlata is very particular about her academic aspirations as well. "No
matter what we do in life education lays the foundation for everything. I
might spend my life in the field of acting but I will definitely pursue my
higher studies. We all should know how to strike that balance," says
Angurlata, who has just finished her graduation in Fine Arts.

A fun loving person at heart, the young actor loves narrating the little
anecdotes from her shooting experiences. A bunch of talent that she is, her
fingers play magic on the canvas as well.

"I love to paint and sketch and express myself through fine Arts." The
announcement automatically draws attention towards the canvas with a sketch
of Radha-Krishna adorning a wall in her living room. But for her, the
greatest stress buster is playing with her elder sister's little kids, who
boss over and "scold" her irrespective of her celebrity status.

"They refresh my mood with their pranks and remind me constantly to keep my
feet on the ground no matter what I achieve in life," Angurlata signs off.