[Assam] Fwd: 'Illustrious VC of GU'

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:43:49 PDT 2007

*>In the present times, Dr. Choudhury is one of the best orators in >English
too. Anyone who wants to perfect both his/ her Asamese >and English oration,
ought to attend such sessions of Dr. Amarjyoti >Choudhury. *
Actually, he was one of the best orators way back in the late 70s (I think)
too. I had the opportunity to listen to one of speeches when a team from
Bombay came to visit Assam.
This team ("Yubak Biradari) was very captivated by the 'welcome speech' by
Dr. A. Choudhury.

That was the first time I had heard him speak, and it is no accident that I
still remember it today.
His speeches are smooth, well-modulated, disarming, refreshing, and makes an
audience to want more.

I have often used his style whenever I get a chance to give speeches in the
US - and I might add, with great success.

--Ram