[Assam] WP: Jobs: Fired for Blogging?

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 10:08:40 PDT 2007

Assam Netters to be careful?? Ofcourse we only berate others - not our own :-)

  Umesh

  Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:23:36 EDT
From: washingtonpost.com <newsletter at letters.washingtonpost.com>
Subject: Jobs: Fired for Blogging?
To: umesh.sh05 at post.harvard.edu

    a:link {color:#333399;}  a:visited{color:#333366;}  a:hover{color:#CC0000;}  a:active{color:#CC0000}              If you have any difficulty viewing this newsletter click here
                  Print This E-Mail     Feedback           Jobs  Monday, May 21, 2007

Fired for Blogging?
 Complaining about your boss online might not be the best way to handle problems at work, writes columnist Lily Garcia.

More How to Deal
• Read Lily's Archive
• Ask Lily a Question

Not What You Expected? Speak Up
Kenneth Bredemeier helps a worker who feels that his new boss misrepresented his new job's responsibilities.

How Much Are You Worth?
 Wondering if you should be bringing home a fatter paycheck? Our salary tool can jump-start your research.

Life at Work Live: Don't Discount Temp Work
Temporary work isn't a black mark on a graduate student's resume, said Amy Joyce in her latest online chat: "It's a job, you're gaining skills, you're making it work while you're getting your degree."
• Read the transcript.
• Amy's next chat is Tuesday, May 22 at 11 a.m. ET: Ask a question.

Career Track Live: Working Women
Don't assume you have to act as secretary because you're female, said a guest of Mary Ellen Slayter's in her latest online chat: "Don't always be the first person to offer up your help for admin-type work. I'd also ask the guys to chip in."
• Read the transcript.
• Mary Ellen's next chat is Monday, May 28 at 2 p.m. ET: Ask a question.

Graduation Gift
If you're a member of the college class of 2007 -- or just know somebody who is -- then this special feature is for you.

Job Resources

        There’s a better way to grow your small business. Email Marketing with Constant Contact is fast, effective, affordable. Start a 60-day free trial today!

                  UNSUBSCRIBE  |  Additional Newsletter Services  |  Advertising  |  Subscribe to the Paper  |  Privacy Policy            © 2007 The Washington Post Company
Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive
c/o E-mail Customer Care
1515 N. Courthouse Road
Arlington, VA 22201