[Assam] IN ASSAM DOGS AND PUPPIES ARE KILLED FOR THEIR SKIN AND MEAT

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Wed May 23 10:44:46 PDT 2007

Hi Umesh:

Hope things are going well for you.

Why do you think Menaka Gandhi should be taken to task, and by who?
What are her crimes? And if it cannot be done, then what?

I appreciated Himendra Kwaiti saying with the courage of his
convictions what he knows to be the truth about  Nagas purportedly
indulging in what was insinuated by Dr. Sashank. It was a slander, no
doubt created and perpetuated by  the caste-Oxomiyas.  I don't mean
here the tradition of eating dog-meat. Many people around the world
do that. Remember many even eat COWS? Imagine someone eating their
'mothers'?

But I fail to see why Menaka Gandhi needs to be taken to task.
Ignorance can be easily eradicated by educating .  If our very own
Sashank Daktor would have cared to do a little home-work, before he
spread the rumor, with emphasis ( IT IS A TRUE STORY, not a false one
mind you), and informed MG's group that it is an 'otironjon',
exaggerated myth, or if he had found evidence to support the
slanderous
rumor, affirming it and informing them how prevalent it is or was;
that would have helped kill the ignorant rumor as it seems to be or
put things in perspective.

If Menaka Gandhi is running a an effort to eradicating cruelty to
animals, that should be supported.

I know being a Nehru dynasty 'bohu'  she is a public enemy to
Hinduttwa forces. But that would be a mindless reaction, wouldn't it?

>As a Life-Member and Patron of "Assam Association of Delhi", I
>propose action in the following sequence:
>(1)   Assam Association of Delhi should take leadership in
>confronting the irresponsible, anti-national and divisive lies of
>Sushri Maneka Gandhi
>(2)   Before taking any action, Sushri Maneka Gandhi should be
>notified to explain, within 15 days, about the truth of the report.
>(3)   On expiry of 15 days, a PIL case should be filed on charges of
>anti-India activities against Sushri Maneka Gandhi and India TV
>under the provisions of the Constitution of India.
>(4)   One thousand effigies of Maneka Gandhi should be burned all
>over Assam within a month.
>(5)   Demands should be made to the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan
>Singh to condemn Maneka Gandhi.
>(6)   Demand should be made to BJP to expel Maneka Gandhi from BJP,
>failing which, rallies should the held all over Assam and Delhi
>against BJP leadership.

*** I find the above prescriptions hilarious, Manoj's assurances ,
replete with gratitude for the advices not-withstanding. Can't wait
to see Manoj Das  sending out  tenders for Menaka Gandhi effigies and
taking out permits from Delhi Fire Protection District to burn them,
with Himendra Kwaiti leading the parade on a Roth wielding a 'jwr' (
torch) lit with ghee, being pulled by a bunch of gorus ( bulls) .
Would hate to see you in the line of the roth-pullers Umesh, or any
kharkhowa  with a working brain.

>It is a high time Assam should once again take a strong stand.

*** That I can ditto on. But NOT on this cause and not in this way.
This is a great way to look  utterly RIDICULOUS and clueless to the
core.

c-da