[Assam] Fwd: letters to the Editor

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:06:47 PDT 2007

C'da
Iam at a slight disadvt.-out of town and on a small keybrd. But will try.
I think kjd does make salient pts.Assigning blame to the army is very
easy.If one has to it has to be the policy makers, maybe the
commanders etc. The usual jawan is probably shipped out of Andhra or
Bihar with a very limited knowledge of the local populace. When they
get imbroiled in a fracas, innocents get killed or hurt.
Yesterday, I wrote how insurgents go hide among the villagers. The
poor people, often have little or no option but to give shelter to
insurgents, thus inviting the army.
The insurgents don't wear uniforms, look and dress like the locals
(Assam or Kashmir)and they take full advantage of such situations and
their sympathizers are ready to pounce on the army if things go awry.
When civilians pay the price, it might be prudent to look into the
role also of the insurgents.
I hope you are not trying to show that insurgents are  innocent and
have played no part.
And thats about as much I can type on this tiny keybrd. More tomorrow:)
BTW KJD just asked I fwd it-he is not a subscriber I think.