[Assam] CER: Intl Grad Students : FreeMarketeering Job-Pirates OR.....

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 09:43:44 PDT 2007

  -
  http://jaipurschool.bihu.in/entry.php?u=jaipurschool&e_id=1513 some might find this more concise in the post above - I have put the whole one above (besides deleted portions)
  Hi,

  I an effort to evade copyright infringement of a CIES article - a society of which I am a member (though I am told we can circulate in private groups - like AssamNet??) I am giving a commentary and deleting some portions from the article
  http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/CER/journal/contents/v51n1.html

  It challenges the then prevalent notion that international graduate students are money hungry bunch of job-pirates - in light of Sep 11 , 2001 bombings in USA - done by student visa holders . SEVIS and  Visa Mantis are now online ways by which students are kept track of --like in July 2005 some Egyptian students went missing soon after arrival --leading to hue and cry on national TV channels - they had gone to see the Great Lakes and had forgotten to report to their univ of their arrival.

  So how is the perception changing -- here is some juicy bit of info (other parts I have already deleted)

  Umesh

    Comparative Education Review, vol. 51, no. 1.
© 2007 by the Comparative and International Education Society. All rights reserved.
0010-4086/2007/5101-0003

      Citizenship in a Global Context: The Perspectives of International Graduate Students in the United States

Umesh Sharma

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]

http://www.uknow.gse.harvard.edu/index.html (Edu info)