[Assam] Rs 60 lakh scam in Golaghat DRDA -- RTI effect..

bg bgogoi at gmail.com
Sat May 26 00:26:11 PDT 2007

http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts/details.asp?id=may2607/at03

Rs 60 lakh scam in Golaghat DRDA
From Our Correspondent
 DERGAON, May 25 – Following the application of Right to Information Act,
the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti brought to light a major scam in Golaghat
DRDA. According to information, a total of Rs 35 lakh under IAY cheme and Rs
25 lakh for stationary items supply were misused by the then project
director Jajneswar Nath and UDA Tarun Bora. And as a result, the Golaghat DC
ordered an enquiry of the matter on May 9.

Following the report of the enquiry in preliminary stage, the PD, Nath paid
an amount of Rs 24.86 lakh under 'SJSRY' to a fake farm of Dergaon named BB
Traders for supplying Muster Roll and Measurment Books. The PD sanctioned a
supply order to supply 3 lakh 10 thousand Muster Roll forms and 50 thousand
measurment books through his letter No. GDRDA/Gen-2/2006-07 dated 5-10-2006.

According to a source, the rates for the Muster Roll and MB's were
sanctioned as Rs 4.80 and 18.80 respectively. The note of the order was
prepared by one UDA Tarun Bora, who has been placed under suspension.
According to information received, the amount was made by deduction of 30%
from SJSRY (Sarna Jayanti Swa Rojgar Yojona by the UDA instead of 3% in
procedure. But the same proposal from the project director was countersigned
by the DC Dipak Kr Goswami on October 21, 2006.

Without any requirement, the UDA made the supply order and sanctioned to one
BB Traders of Dergaon which has not been seen at Dergaon. According to
latest information, UDA Tarun Bora made

his plan with the help of one physical instructor Bora. The payment was made
to two females, one Bhattacharyya and Bora. The two ladies continued their
activities of looting DRDA with the help of one printing press at Milanpur.
The enquiry finds the name of the persons involved in the same areas Pizush
Bhattacharya, one PI Bora, Swapna Bhattacharyya, Tulumoni Bora. The
conscious citizens of the district have urged the government to punish the
guilty persons involved in the racket.

--
Babul Gogoi / বাবুল গগৈ, নতুন দিল্লী
http://www.TARSHI.net