[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans rattle Pengere

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Sat May 26 05:37:12 PDT 2007

JS - I just read that.The BBC, TOI and even Al Jazeera has carried the news.

In answer to the second part -
>Should a Govt continue in business if a group of a few thousand
>( <3000)  can hold the state to ransom with their cowardly tactics?
>JS

That would be for the people of Assam to decide in the next election cycle.
But I suspect, there is no way any govt., however good they are, can protect
a place like Guwahati 100% of the time from bad elements.

But they can do somethings: If the ulfa cadres are caught, they must be
processsed thru the legal system at a fast-track, and if found guily, given
the maximum punishment.

I wonder if the PCG and PCPIA and other ulfa well-wishers are coming out and
condemning these acts (at least they can shed croc. tears). We are not
holding our breath.

--Ram