[Assam] ULFA like diabetes - no cure but can keep it down

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:44:12 PDT 2007

Hi Umesh,

Are you trying to give diabetes a bad name? :)

One can agree to a number of points you bring up. But you say the GOI should
make Assam at least better than West Bengal?

West Bengal, in its own right has made progress in a`number if fields. And
in spite of the ULFA problem, Assam too has progressed in a number of
areas.
The insurgency problem in Assam is indeed a sad one.

Assam's reasonably expected, fast paced development in many more`areas is
thwarted or slowed down because of the ULFA problem and if for no
other`reason, the insurgency problem it should simply go away only because
of this one big reason.

--Ram da