[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans rattle Pengere

Manoj Das dasmk2k at gmail.com
Sun May 27 08:29:55 PDT 2007

It's sad that innocent people suffer in the all such cases. Our condolences
to the sufferers. It could be anyone, and they have nothing to do with
liberation, oppression or anything.

Some years back an Assamese family lost 5 family members in Delhi's Saroniji
Nagar bomb blast. Mr. Apurba Sarma of Nagaon, working in a bank came for a
vacation with his sister-in-law's family. Mr. Sarma went to buy some sweets,
and the other members were having 'aloo chaat', when the bomb ripped
through. 5 of them were pulverised instantly, three badly burnt. We went to
see his recuperating survivors at Safdarjung Hospital. His youngest daughter
was in ICU and wanted to be with her mother. Mother and elder sister were no
more, and who could break the news to her? It was heart rendering. Mr
Sarma's life was devasted in a second's time. Just a second before that
moment it was full of life and fun, a moment later it was all gone.

-mkd