[Assam] ULFA like diabetes - no cure but can keep it down

umesh sharma jaipurschool at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 10:24:32 PDT 2007

Ram-da,

  I agree that ULFA should disappear with the swish of some magician's wand - just like one would like to wish away rapists , murderers, - neo-nazis and jihadis (both in Russia at same time) and ofcourse diabetes. If dreams were horses ours would be the winner of Kentucky derby (?).

  I know the West Bengal is now back on developent path (despite its Anand Margis, and other extremists incl comunist fringe elements) and so is Assam - but I think most of India equates Bengal as highly developed - since British ruled from there for centuries - till they shifted to Delhi --- Assam is yet to emerge as THE EASTern India (why north east?)

  Umesh

Ram Sarangapani <assamrs at gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Umesh,

  Are you trying to give diabetes a bad name? :)

  One can agree to a number of points you bring up. But you say the GOI should make Assam at least better than West Bengal?

  West Bengal, in its own right has made progress in a`number if fields. And in spite of the ULFA problem, Assam too has progressed in a number of areas.
  The insurgency problem in Assam is indeed a sad one.

  Assam's reasonably expected, fast paced development in many more`areas is thwarted or slowed down because of the ULFA problem and if for no other`reason, the insurgency problem it should simply go away only because of this one big reason.

  --Ram da

  On 5/26/07, umesh sharma <jaipurschool at yahoo.com> wrote:     Hi,

  I realize that there is no cure for violent people - some people will always be violent - even in US so many are robbed and killed daily. Aryan Nation is still going strong in some places. People come from fram away to wreck havoc as well --- see Sep 11, 2001 bombing in US which killed 3000 and destroyed the most famous landmarks of New York City - full of the most accomplished business experts..

  So people of some hues like violence and will do it one way or the other.

  However, the vast majority of people prefer productive lives - and will not follow extremists is they are gainfully employed. Govt of India has to take up policies - in a proActively way - with a missionary zeal -- to make Assam better than West Bengal atleast!!

  So what say the netters?

  Umesh
  PS: There is no cure for diabetes I am told - but thru regular exercise one can avoid its attacks and insulin imbalance (?) or whatever harm it causes

Umesh Sharma

Washington D.C.

1-202-215-4328 [Cell]

http://www.uknow.gse.harvard.edu/index.html (Edu info)