[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans rattle Pengere

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:48:44 PDT 2007

>ULFA-i jake take bumare urai thakile, kiba eta pabo..xeitoo hol >raizor
'abhixhap'..

Manoj,

Raize matro abhixhap di thakile nu ki hobo? They musy go beyond that. Assam
or Guwahati bandhs are really not a good way forward (IMHO).

One way, maybe for organizations like AASU to organize "citizen patrolling",
and check for suspected ulfa cadres on two wheelers or other places. If
found, they should be handed over to the police. A number of successes like
that will, I think make the general population feel more secure. A citizen's
patrol can be organized with the help of the police in such situations.
(In US, many neighborhoods organize such patrols when it becomes necessary)

Where are the PCG and PCPIA and Mamoni Goswami? Have you all seen them come
forward and condemn this? What about the various Human Rights organizations?
Why are they quiet?  The press and the public should demand they come
forward and make their views known in this matter.

A young mother employed in the private sector said she was scared to come
home every evening, and was also worried for the safety of her husband who
works late hours. "I hope that the ULFA realizes its folly, and stops from
carrying out any more reprehensible attacks," she said. - Assam Tribune
What kind of situation is this? Over and about the other worries like road
accidents, a mother now has to factor in bombing and IEDs.

--Ram da