[Assam] India's newspaper readership

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Tue May 29 05:57:17 PDT 2007

Well, Sandip

You & I know that it shouldn't be.

*>Guess its because it takes little to setup a radio station and broadcast
your own version of >news :-)*

That is correct. Given the mentality of people these days, they will
probably use that as "Radio Freedom" some thing like that to spew hatred
against the Union.

They already do so in other areas. India allows (even employ), educate
in  her best institutions, awards them for their excellence, and later (in
some cases) provide for travel overseas to further their education.

Some of these very same people work in Indian courts or Universities and
other ooo-aaah places, work, live, eat, socialize with the cream of the
crop, ( ie. take full advantage of this poor country with meagre
resources),  and then this country gives them the gall and temerity to ENJOY
the fruits of  this democracy (possible much more than many ordinary
citizens), but at the same time gives them the latitude  to criticize, and
even harm the integrity of the country. Whose fault is this - it is India's
own damn fault.

But that is democracy. Maybe India should have had 'freedoms' like China or
Singapore.
But then, what do I know?

--Ram da