[Assam] ULFA and Liberation

Mohan R. Palleti mrpallet at ncsu.edu
Tue May 29 06:19:15 PDT 2007

NM:
your email was ver well said!
Since ULFA is supposed to be the voice of the average assamese. It is
pertinent to ask before ULFA does or say something, whether it has the
support of the very people it claims to be the champion of.

ULFA never seemed to have a dialogue with the common people. It is making
its own unilateral decisions and implementing it with the power of the
gun. It is time that ULFA realises the harsh realities that without the
whole hearted support of the people, it exists only in the fringes as a
fear factor.

I appreciate that people are comming out and voicing their concerns. I
would also appreciate if ULFA comes out of its hiding and does something
for the betterment of society and stop any form of violence in the state.

Mohan R. Palleti