[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans rattle Pengere

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Tue May 29 06:33:39 PDT 2007

Hi Nayan:

My apologies for the delay in replying to your  incisive, steel-trap
questions .  Here I am , humbly submitting to your inquisition
(albeit late for being out of town for the Memorial Day weekend)
without a whimper about your disappearing act whenever I ask some
questions in return. I realize you are busy deliberating on them and
will reply in 'due time' :-).

>"why all these Maara Maari is acceptable"

*** To foolish people like myself, it is NOT at all acceptable that
these conflicts should have ever escalated from disgruntlement
against governmental un-responsiveness to 'andwlons' ( agitations)
and then to insurgency , warfare, secret-killings, state sponsored
terrorism, bombing of civilian targets -- you name it.  I await in
dread of the next possible phase of the continuing escalation---- of
suicide bombings, tacitly supported by those who shall not accept a
negotiated political solution ( as amply demonstrated by their
pronouncements in every conceivable media).

On the other hand, I ask of you and others like you, who make up the
brain-trust of your society, if your approach, of crying rivers of
tears, while continuing to stone-wall a political solution, aren't
mere crocodile tears of those who are UNAFFECTED by the violence,
sitting pretty in your comfortable prosperity and relative security?

Your intelligence, your wisdom, becomes an issue, only because of
what YOU say and what you do ( or don't).

Will you be able to demonstrate your  commitments to a peaceful
resolution of the conflict by  standing up and supporting the plea of
the 'traders'   published in the AT that Barta Bistar posted ?

We will be all ears.

cm