[Assam] Fwd: letters to the Editor

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Tue May 29 14:47:06 PDT 2007

At 2:05 AM -0700 5/26/07, Rajib Das wrote:
>C-da,
>
>What has a desi (or secular / Indian secular) got to
>do with it?

*** It has everything to do with the point Rajib. Remember how
certain desis-tried to tell the world that the meaning of secularism
in India is different from that of the west?That the two should not
be compared ?

It is the same for you trying to say what has transpired since ULFA
emerged from the discontent of the people of Assam is somehow NOT
'history'. It is about semantics.

>  >If you noticed, the informed and educated would rather
>NOT have this to continue.

*** To tell you the truth, NO, I have not. But then again I need
glasses to see too. My vision ain't the best around here. Or , that
there might not have been anything to see :-).

I will go along with your opinion. So WHAT has the plan been? And how
has it worked so far? It has been a few days you know? Over a quarter
century now with ULFA, half a century plus with the Nagas and
Kashmiris, hasn't it? Can you cite any other country in the world
with a working government , much less one equipped with the
knowledge-brigades like the Indian state brags about, remaining
clueless about how to resolve such conflicts, running in place and
going nowhere?

What does that say about its intelligentsia Rajib?