[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans rattle Pengere

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Tue May 29 15:26:08 PDT 2007

Hi Nayan:

At 11:19 PM +0530 5/29/07, Nayanjyoti Medhi wrote:
>C Da,
>
>Don't beat around the bush. Just say in a plain 'YES' or 'NO'
>whether you are coming or not

*** I have already been in Assam twice this year.  Thanks much for
your generosity in offering guide services, but I really don't need
it. You may not know this, but I happen to know Assam fairly well.

>You have forgotten that here in India, the government is by the people, so,

*** You are quite the humorist, aren't you :-)?  I wished you had
read  a recent address by Newsweek editor Fareed Zakaria and what he
thinks of Indian democracy.  If I can locate it again, I will send a
copy of it for your reading pleasure. BTW, Zakaria is quite an India
promoter, not like yours truly at all :-).

>If you want I can get all the families of the victims send an
>invitation to you.

*** That will not at all be necessary Nayan. I happen to know all
about their plight , and WHY it continues. Thanks to Assam and Indian
intelligentsia's role in helping perpetuate the tragedy.

>  I had refrained from answering your questions then because someone
>else had answered them >better than i could ever have. And if you
>remember I had said that.

*** If I am not mistaken, you wrote that you will wait to hear what
OTHERS say about the first set of questions. And I don't recall
anyone attempted to answer it, as I expected none to.

>Even recently Chittaranjan Da had replied to some of your queries in
>a very liberal manner to which I >throughly agree and can't think of
>adding anything more.

*** I haven't had a chance to reply to Chitta yet on that, but rest
assured there WAS NOTHING that resembled an answer to HOW he or his
supporters and admirers plan to end the conflict in Assam, unless you
consider wishful thoughts plans for action.

>I am not like you and for that matter like anyone else who would
>comment on any Godamme thing just >for the sake of commenting.

*** Now, now Nayan! Let us not get all that worked up to damn your
God on this. I know  you are a far better man than I could ever be,
and thus you don't comment on things that I barge right into. BUt
there is another reason also:  I have an ability to look into the
basic principles underlying an issue, even if I might not have
knowledge of the facts or technical details. When we discuss and
debate issues, we can never be certain of  what is presented as
factual evidence or technical details. Therefore we have to look into
the underlying principles to analyze them. It is a skill that is not
always evident in our forum, even though it ought to be, considering
the level of education and commensurate intelligence expected.

>p.s: If you have the guts, be a suicide bomber yourself. Don't
>instigate others to suicide for your whims >and fancies. You have
>done enough already.

*** Unlike you brave folks , I am quite a wimp and have neither the
desire nor the commitments required to become a suicide bomber or for
that matter any bomber. Thus I also do not instigate others to become
such. But I thought you were informed enough to have known where news
of that possibility
came from. FYI, that was what was hinted by none other than ULFA's
chairman, Rajkhowa. I would not take that lightly, unlike you
military strategists of Assam Net.  Because that has been a well
define trend in countless asymmetrical warfares waged by freedom
fighters and terrorists alike in recent decades, around the globe.

No I have NOT done enough yet. I wished I could do more to help hose
whose mindset helps perpetuate the conflict in Assam see reason. Thus
you can count on hearing from me again . Don't forget , if my
analyses  and reasoning had no influence, you would NOT be on my case
like crows over june-bugs :-), as they might say here in the US
midwest.

Take care.

c-da