[Assam] About My Instigations and Your Contributions

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Wed May 30 07:19:06 PDT 2007


Hi Nayan:


>   I'm glad that at last you admitted that you are a wimp.

*** Didn't realize you were under the mistaken idea that I was 
otherwise. Why didn't you just ask. I am not ashamed of being a wimp 
to admit it. Haven't you noticed how I never accuse anyone of being a 
'coward' unlike your brave compatriots in assamnet?  That is because 
I am one myself :-).


>about the suicide bomber thing, no matter who ever says that, Till 
>the attacks are against the civilians >of Assam, they will be 
>deplorable and taken as an act of terrorism by the people of assam 
>against >them and not as anything else.

*** I am sure  your warning will be taken due note of those who might 
be contemplating such.  Question is whether they will be shaking in 
their chappals  from it ? If past and present experience is any guide 
however, that may not be enough of a deterrence. What do you think ? 
Maybe you can as ask a Tamil Tiger or a Kashmir Freedom Fighter if 
they are deterred by warnings of the righteous like yourself.





>Will you be able to demonstrate your  commitments to a peaceful 
>resolution of the conflict by  standing up and supporting the plea 
>of the 'traders'   published in the AT that Barta Bistar posted ?




>In case you have not noticed, I have not commented upon the doings 
>of any organisations until now

*** That shows your fair-and-balanced outlook and respect for the law 
which, I presume,  holds no one should be held guilty until so proven 
in a court of justice. Such magnanimity is the stuff of legends and 
differentiates a high-court advocate  from ordinary mortals .


>  I as a concerned citizen of Assam, would like the fear factor out 
>of the minds of the people, who are >afraid to venture out to any 
>market areas even during the day time.

*** That must make you unique! Glad you pointed that out.



>So for me and for the people of assam, who does not have the means 
>to find out who are behind such >heinous acts, these will be just 
>random acts of terrorism.

*** There you go! You do know how to distance yourself from the 
realities that surround you with the use of words. Just like Ram 
distanced himself from the humanity of those people who appealed to 
GoI for bringing and end to the violence thru negotiations with just 
one word "TRADERS",  thus discounting their humanity and concerns.

With such intellectual bravery, you all  hold up your civilization as 
a beacon to the world.



>Everybody is concerned about only one thing. THAT IT SHOULD STOP.

*** But are YOU? And if you are, why did you AVOID answering the 
question I asked:

>>Will you be able to demonstrate your  commitments to a peaceful 
>>resolution of the conflict by  standing up and supporting the plea 
>>of the 'traders'   published in the AT that Barta Bistar posted ?


But I realize, one gets carried away with all the writings and can 
miss a point or two.  So, would YOU put your money where your mouth 
is and support the plea of these TRADERS, even though they could be 
expended as mere opportunists, to seek the ONLY possible way to bring 
an end to the conflict?

I shall wait with bated breath :-).



>I'm on your case because i know that you alongwith some others who 
>do not have the guts to give >blood are instigating others to do 
>that on your behalf. and that is setting a bad trend.


***  So do you think you are having any effect?  Is your getting on 
my case and extracting the confession that I AM a wimp and a coward 
is doing any good to your cause - namely silencing  me or even those 
other unnamed few?  You don't observe too well do you Nayan?




Now why do you think anyone is getting instigated by what I say or 
write? Because I say good things? Or because I say bad things? Are 
these folks who get instigated by my writings  fools and are willing 
to go die on MY BEHALF  fighting the Indian Army, me who does not 
even live in Assam , because I defend Assam's rights to its resources 
and rights to reform its governance for the BENEFIT of ALL its 
people, not just a select few like you folks want to perpetuate?

That is quite an inference  if you asked me. You flatter me so.

But something tells me it is a rather brazen attempt to intimidate 
me. Unfortunately it does not work here
Nayan. You should have known that  by now.


c-da






At 12:46 PM +0530 5/30/07, Nayanjyoti Medhi wrote:
>C-Da,
>I did not ask you how many times you have/had been in Assam and 
>whether you know Assam. I know that you know.
>
>*** Unlike you brave folks , I am quite a wimp and have neither the 
>desire nor the commitments required to become a suicide bomber or 
>for that matter any bomber. Thus I also do not instigate others to 
>become such. But I thought you were informed enough to have known 
>where news of that possibility
>came from. FYI, that was what was hinted by none other than ULFA's 
>chairman, Rajkhowa. I would not take that lightly, unlike you 
>military strategists of Assam Net.  Because that has been a well 
>define trend in countless asymmetrical warfares waged by freedom 
>fighters and terrorists alike in recent decades, around the globe.
>
>I'm glad that at last you admitted that you are a wimp.
>about the suicide bomber thing, no matter who ever says that, Till 
>the attacks are against the civilians of Assam, they will be 
>deplorable and taken as an act of terrorism by the people of assam 
>against them and not as anything else. In case you have not noticed, 
>I have not commented upon the doings of any organisations until now. 
>I as a concerned citizen of Assam, would like the fear factor out of 
>the minds of the people, who are afraid to venture out to any market 
>areas even during the day time. Whoever is doing this is not helping 
>the people of assam in any way but rather they are contributing to 
>the backwardness of this region.
>Now the question arises as to who are behind these acts of 
>terrorism. No one has come forward to claim responsibility till now 
>neither has there been any explanation as to why these acts has been 
>committed. I as a private citizen do not have the means to find out 
>who are behind these. So for me and for the people of assam, who 
>does not have the means to find out who are behind such heinous 
>acts, these will be just random acts of terrorism. But I have asked 
>you to come and enlighten us as you seem to know more about these.
>
>But your non acceptance of my offer would only make me come to a 
>conclusion that although you know more than us, you for some unknown 
>reason are unwilling to share it with us and so further make me 
>conclude that you are not sincere to the thoughts you defend 
>vehemently in assamnet.
>And as to your knowledge about why these things are happening, no 
>one in assam is concerned as to why its happening. Everybody is 
>concerned about only one thing. THAT IT SHOULD STOP.
>
>Thus you can count on hearing from me again . Don't forget , if my 
>analyses  and reasoning had no influence, you would NOT be on my 
>case like crows over june-bugs :-), as they might say here in the US 
>midwest.
>
>You are right. I'm on your case because i know that you alongwith 
>some others who do not have the guts to give blood are instigating 
>others to do that on your behalf. and that is setting a bad trend. 
>it is getting the young peole of assam into early graves. And  they 
>also say many others things in US midwest. I would not like to say 
>that to a  Assamese elder no matter how crazy he may be.
>
>Regards,
>
>Nayan
>
>p.s: i will be in Geneva for 2 weeks, so replies may be a late in 
>coming. please bear with me.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>On 5/30/07, Chan Mahanta 
><<mailto:cmahanta at charter.net>cmahanta at charter.net> wrote:
>
>Hi Nayan:
>
>
>At 11:19 PM +0530 5/29/07, Nayanjyoti Medhi wrote:
>
>>C Da,
>>
>
>
>Don't beat around the bush. Just say in a plain 'YES' or 'NO' 
>whether you are coming or not
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>*** I have already been in Assam twice this year.  Thanks much for 
>your generosity in offering guide services, but I really don't need 
>it. You may not know this, but I happen to know Assam fairly well.
>
>
>
>
>>You have forgotten that here in India, the government is by the people, so,
>>
>
>
>*** You are quite the humorist, aren't you :-)?  I wished you had 
>read  a recent address by Newsweek editor Fareed Zakaria and what he 
>thinks of Indian democracy.  If I can locate it again, I will send a 
>copy of it for your reading pleasure. BTW, Zakaria is quite an India 
>promoter, not like yours truly at all :-).
>
>
>
>
>  >If you want I can get all the families of the victims send an 
>invitation to you.
>
>
>*** That will not at all be necessary Nayan. I happen to know all 
>about their plight , and WHY it continues. Thanks to Assam and 
>Indian intelligentsia's role in helping perpetuate the tragedy.
>
>
>
>
>  > I had refrained from answering your questions then because 
>someone else had answered them >better than i could ever have. And 
>if you remember I had said that.
>
>
>*** If I am not mistaken, you wrote that you will wait to hear what 
>OTHERS say about the first set of questions. And I don't recall 
>anyone attempted to answer it, as I expected none to.
>
>
>  >Even recently Chittaranjan Da had replied to some of your queries 
>in a very liberal manner to which I >throughly agree and can't think 
>of adding anything more.
>
>
>*** I haven't had a chance to reply to Chitta yet on that, but rest 
>assured there WAS NOTHING that resembled an answer to HOW he or his 
>supporters and admirers plan to end the conflict in Assam, unless 
>you consider wishful thoughts plans for action.
>
>
>
>
>  >I am not like you and for that matter like anyone else who would 
>comment on any Godamme thing just >for the sake of commenting.
>
>
>*** Now, now Nayan! Let us not get all that worked up to damn your 
>God on this. I know  you are a far better man than I could ever be, 
>and thus you don't comment on things that I barge right into. BUt 
>there is another reason also:  I have an ability to look into the 
>basic principles underlying an issue, even if I might not have 
>knowledge of the facts or technical details. When we discuss and 
>debate issues, we can never be certain of  what is presented as 
>factual evidence or technical details. Therefore we have to look 
>into the underlying principles to analyze them. It is a skill that 
>is not always evident in our forum, even though it ought to be, 
>considering the level of education and commensurate intelligence 
>expected.
>
>
>  >p.s: If you have the guts, be a suicide bomber yourself. Don't 
>instigate others to suicide for your whims >and fancies. You have 
>done enough already.
>
>
>*** Unlike you brave folks , I am quite a wimp and have neither the 
>desire nor the commitments required to become a suicide bomber or 
>for that matter any bomber. Thus I also do not instigate others to 
>become such. But I thought you were informed enough to have known 
>where news of that possibility
>came from. FYI, that was what was hinted by none other than ULFA's 
>chairman, Rajkhowa. I would not take that lightly, unlike you 
>military strategists of Assam Net.  Because that has been a well 
>define trend in countless asymmetrical warfares waged by freedom 
>fighters and terrorists alike in recent decades, around the globe.
>
>
>No I have NOT done enough yet. I wished I could do more to help hose 
>whose mindset helps perpetuate the conflict in Assam see reason. 
>Thus you can count on hearing from me again . Don't forget , if my 
>analyses  and reasoning had no influence, you would NOT be on my 
>case like crows over june-bugs :-), as they might say here in the US 
>midwest.
>
>
>Take care.
>
>
>c-da
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>  Why do you not talk with the people. I am inviting you. If you 
>>want I can get all the families of the victims send an invitation 
>>to you. I will answer all your questions. But the forum should be 
>>here in Assam. Before its people.
>>
>  I had refrained from answering your questions then because someone 
>else had answered them better than i could ever have. And if you 
>remember I had said that. Even recently Chittaranjan Da had replied 
>to some of your queries in a very liberal manner to which I 
>throughly agree and can't think of adding anything more. I am not 
>like you and for that matter like anyone else who would comment on 
>any Godamme thing just for the sake of commenting.
>
>
>
>Regards
>
>
>
>Nayan
>
>
>p.s: If you have the guts, be a suicide bomber yourself. Don't 
>instigate others to suicide for your whims and fancies. You have 
>done enough already.
>
>
>
>
>On 5/29/07, Chan Mahanta 
><<mailto:cmahanta at charter.net>cmahanta at charter.net > wrote:
>
>
>
>
>Hi Nayan:
>
>
>
>
>My apologies for the delay in replying to your  incisive, steel-trap 
>questions .  Here I am , humbly submitting to your inquisition 
>(albeit late for being out of town for the Memorial Day weekend) 
>without a whimper about your disappearing act whenever I ask some 
>questions in return. I realize you are busy deliberating on them and 
>will reply in 'due time' :-).
>
>
>
>
>
>  >"why all these Maara Maari is acceptable"
>
>
>
>
>*** To foolish people like myself, it is NOT at all acceptable that 
>these conflicts should have ever escalated from disgruntlement 
>against governmental un-responsiveness to 'andwlons' ( agitations) 
>and then to insurgency , warfare, secret-killings, state sponsored 
>terrorism, bombing of civilian targets -- you name it.  I await in 
>dread of the next possible phase of the continuing escalation---- of 
>suicide bombings, tacitly supported by those who shall not accept a 
>negotiated political solution ( as amply demonstrated by their 
>pronouncements in every conceivable media).
>
>
>
>
>On the other hand, I ask of you and others like you, who make up the 
>brain-trust of your society, if your approach, of crying rivers of 
>tears, while continuing to stone-wall a political solution, aren't 
>mere crocodile tears of those who are UNAFFECTED by the violence, 
>sitting pretty in your comfortable prosperity and relative security?
>
>
>
>
>Your intelligence, your wisdom, becomes an issue, only because of 
>what YOU say and what you do ( or don't).
>
>
>
>
>Will you be able to demonstrate your  commitments to a peaceful 
>resolution of the conflict by  standing up and supporting the plea 
>of the 'traders'   published in the AT that Barta Bistar posted ?
>
>
>
>
>We will be all ears.
>
>
>
>
>cm
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>At 10:37 PM +0530 5/27/07, Nayanjyoti Medhi wrote:
>
>>Dada,
>>
>That was what i wanted to say. Saying directly has had no answers 
>nor acknowledgements. Only dangor dangor philosophy from the know it 
>all's as to why all these Maara Maari is acceptable in the name of 
>liberation of Assam. I want them to see and feel the same anguish 
>the family members of the innocent victims are going through.
>
>
>
>Nayan
>
>
>
>On 5/27/07, Manoj Das <<mailto:dasmk2k at gmail.com>dasmk2k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>It's sad that innocent people suffer in the all such cases. Our 
>condolences to the sufferers. It could be anyone, and they have 
>nothing to do with liberation, oppression or anything.
>
>
>
>Some years back an Assamese family lost 5 family members in Delhi's 
>Saroniji Nagar bomb blast. Mr. Apurba Sarma of Nagaon, working in a 
>bank came for a vacation with his sister-in-law's family. Mr. Sarma 
>went to buy some sweets, and the other members were having 'aloo 
>chaat', when the bomb ripped through. 5 of them were pulverised 
>instantly, three badly burnt. We went to see his recuperating 
>survivors at Safdarjung Hospital. His youngest daughter was in ICU 
>and wanted to be with her mother. Mother and elder sister were no 
>more, and who could break the news to her? It was heart rendering. 
>Mr Sarma's life was devasted in a second's time. Just a second 
>before that moment it was full of life and fun, a moment later it 
>was all gone.
>
>
>
>-mkd
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>On 5/27/07, Nayanjyoti Medhi 
><<mailto:nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com>nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com > 
>wrote:
>
>Dear C da,
>
>I would like to invite you to Assam/Asom/axom (Athgaon, Fancy 
>Bazaar/Abroad the Brahmaputra Mail). The weather is really great. 
>Red is the Colour of the day. It feels really good when you take a 
>walk down the Bazaars. Tommorow is Guwahati Bandh. I'm sure you have 
>not enjoyed a Bandh for a long time. i suppose it does not happen 
>there in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. So why don't you accept my 
>invitation and come down for a prolonged visit. I will surely take 
>you everywhere. Will show you where the bomb blasts occured. Will 
>even take you to talk with the family of the victims. You can even 
>tell them how lucky they are to have given their beloved ones for 
>liberation. If you are lucky, we might even be eye witness to a few 
>bombings and see the RED oozing out of humanity.
>
>
>
>
>Regards
>
>
>
>Nayan
>
>
>
>On 5/27/07, Jyotirmoy Sharma 
><<mailto:jsharma at iinet.net.au>jsharma at iinet.net.au > wrote:
>
>This is what I feel should happen in Assam:
>President' Rule be imposed on Assam.
>ULFA given a strict deadline by which to surrender and come for talks.
>Bangladesh also given a deadline by which they should destroy and
>hand over anti India insurgents lodged in their territory.
>In the failure of the above, India launches a full scale offensive on
>ULFA  in NE as well as inside Bangladesh territory.
>If the World reacts, it will be a good fortune for India. India has
>enough evidence of how terrorists are striking India from across the
>border and how Bangladesh is offering a safe sanctuary to these groups.
>India should come out of it's puppet like spineless existence. If it
>wants to be a superpower in the next 2 decades it should behave like
>one. What is the use of spending so much of national wealth on
>defense if it can't even protect it's own borders. Look at Israel, it
>launched a full scale offensive against Lebanon to rescue 2 of it's
>soldiers from Hezbollah.
>
>
>
>
>On 27/05/2007, at 7:06 AM, Chan Mahanta wrote:
>
>>>  >Should a Govt continue in business if a group of a few thousand
>>  ( <3000)  can hold the state to ransom with their cowardly tactics?
>>
>>
>>  *** Good question. Should  it?  I would not even go into the choice
>>  of adjectives here.
>>
>>  And if not, what should be done and who should ?
>>
>>  Finally, HOW will that be stopped? WHO will do that ?
>>
>>
>>
>>  At 6:08 PM +0800 5/26/07, Jyotirmoy Sharma wrote:
>>>  Just as we talk the cowards have struck again in Fancy Bazar,
>>>  Guwahati.
>>>  Should a Govt continue in business if a group of a few thousand
>>>  ( <3000)  can hold the state to ransom with their cowardly tactics?
>>>  JS
>>>
>>>  _______________________________________________
>>>  assam mailing list
>>>  <mailto:assam at assamnet.org>assam at assamnet.org
>>>  <http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org> 
>>>http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>assam mailing list
><mailto:assam at assamnet.org> assam at assamnet.org
><http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org>http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org
>
>
>
>
>--
>Nayanjyoti Medhi
>Advocate
>Gauhati High Court
>
>Chamber:
>Satya Bora Lane, Dighalipukhuri East
>Guwahati-781001, Assam
>
>Residence:
>8, Chandan Nagar Bye Lane-2
>Basistha Road, Guwahati-28
>Assam
>
>Phone:
>+91 361 2416960
>+91 94350 43007
>+91 99547 13443
>
>Email:
><mailto:nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com>nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com
><mailto:nayan_5 at hotmail.com>nayan_5 at hotmail.com
>_______________________________________________
>assam mailing list
><mailto:assam at assamnet.org> assam at assamnet.org
><http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org>http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>Nayanjyoti Medhi
>Advocate
>Gauhati High Court
>
>Chamber:
>Satya Bora Lane, Dighalipukhuri East
>Guwahati-781001, Assam
>
>Residence:
>8, Chandan Nagar Bye Lane-2
>Basistha Road, Guwahati-28
>Assam
>
>Phone:
>+91 361 2416960
>+91 94350 43007
>+91 99547 13443
>
>Email:
><mailto:nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com>nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com
><mailto:nayan_5 at hotmail.com>nayan_5 at hotmail.com
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>assam mailing list
><mailto:assam at assamnet.org>assam at assamnet.org
><http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org>http://assamnet.org/mailman/listinfo/assam_assamnet.org
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>Nayanjyoti Medhi
>Advocate
>Gauhati High Court
>
>Chamber:
>Satya Bora Lane, Dighalipukhuri East
>Guwahati-781001, Assam
>
>Residence:
>8, Chandan Nagar Bye Lane-2
>Basistha Road, Guwahati-28
>Assam
>
>Phone:
>+91 361 2416960
>+91 94350 43007
>+91 99547 13443
>
>Email:
><mailto:nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com> nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com
><mailto:nayan_5 at hotmail.com>nayan_5 at hotmail.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>Nayanjyoti Medhi
>Advocate
>Gauhati High Court
>
>Chamber:
>Satya Bora Lane, Dighalipukhuri East
>Guwahati-781001, Assam
>
>Residence:
>8, Chandan Nagar Bye Lane-2
>Basistha Road, Guwahati-28
>Assam
>
>Phone:
>+91 361 2416960
>+91 94350 43007
>+91 99547 13443
>
>Email:
><mailto:nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com>nayanjyoti.medhi at gmail.com
><mailto:nayan_5 at hotmail.com>nayan_5 at hotmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.assamnet.org/pipermail/assam-assamnet.org/attachments/20070530/2c72202c/attachment.htm>


More information about the Assam mailing list