[Assam] Anti-ULFA slogans resonate in city - Sentinel

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:04:35 PDT 2007

C'da

 >Heh-heh! This looks like a BJP vs Congress battle.

I think I could well agree with you. I mean, any  political group will now
take advantage (if it can) out of the situation - (othi bhokti....), Isn;t
that how band wagons are garnered in the first place?

But, what I wanted to point out is that the tide seems to be changing and
not just in towns, but also the rural areas - against the
ULFA's violence and generally against violence (say against the military)
There is a limit, even for ordinary folks, as to how much a group like the
ulfa can frighten them into submission and just plain acquiescence and for
how long. They kind a tolerated and even went along for a while - till they
plainly saw where they are being led into - nowhere and into oblivion.