[Assam] Book review : India After Gandhi- Bengal democracy

SANDIP DUTTA pseude at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 20:27:23 PDT 2007

Dear Rajen Da,

Exactly what has motivated you to start this discussion? As far as we are concerned, you are an NRA with American citizenship residing in America. Do you seriously think these views really matter to even a miniscule of the Indian ruling polity? I think the discussion on maps and boundaries was settled in '47.

Even if India runs on the dirty word "Vote Bank Politics", its the voter whose opinion matters. That is why BJP got booted out after India Shining campaign. - and Mayavati got power back in UP. So are you a "voter?".

It may also be "vote bank politics" of a slightly different nature that motivated Laloo to transform IR.

If the intention is to make a difference, why not come back and join Indian politics?

Incidentally, TOI is running a campaign called "Future leaders" of India. A bulk of the interested people who now want to join politics are highly paid professionals from South India.

Rgds,
SD