[Assam] Again bomb blast in Guwahati

Chan Mahanta cmahanta at charter.net
Mon Apr 6 08:26:51 PDT 2009

At 8:12 PM +0800 4/6/09, Jyotirmoy Sharma wrote:
>Shame on these blood sucking parasites.
>Why don't these liberators blow up their own relatives for Assam's freedoms
>cause?

*** As tragic as the loss of innocent lives and destruction of
property involved in this quarter century
old conflict is, I never fail to be confounded by the mindless
reactions  of those who could be  otherwise considered Assam's best,
every time it erupts, again and again. I would argue that it is such
inability and/or unwillingness of Assam's intelligentsia to raise
their voices in support of finding a political solution to the
never-ending conflict that has helped keep it alive and indirectly
help  sustain it.

*** I will be very interested in hearing from the great Chidambaram
who declared all-out war against ULFA and no-negotiation, when, a
couple of months or so back, wasn't it?  I presume the intent was to
bring the conflict to an end with his war machine.  If so, are our
highly intelligent netters and
Assam 's intelligentsia asking Chidu for any explanation?  Is his
no-talk policy paying dividends finally?

But I should know! That would be an intellectually monumental hurdle
to overcome  for  the self-righteous, besides being too easy.

>Those who are supporting these terrorists acts are no lesser evil.

*** Famous last words!