[Assam] Unpalatable Traits - Assam Tribune

Ram Sarangapani assamrs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 08:04:42 PST 2010

KJD,

You are absolutely correct. This kind of thing happens quite often. The
writer, I think, though has missed something.

Yes, there these self-promoting experts, then there are some members of the
media who will print almost anything dictated to them and follow these
luminaries like lap dogs, but the point of these exercises come to a halt to
some extent.

Most people at Guwahati (that I have come across) are well aware of this.
They can see quite clearly through this, and seem far too busy to be taken
in by such blatant displays. Gone are the days when all of Guwahati would
swoon & drool over such events. I think, Arup Dutta may have somewhat
misread the general public - they really don't give a damn! :-)

--Ram