[Assam] Commemorate Dr Bhupen Hazarika (1926 - 2011) at India House on Friday 16th, November, 2018 at 6 pm.

Rini Kakati rinikakati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 14:09:33 PDT 2018

Dear Friends,

On behalf of FASS (Friends of Assam and Seven Sisters) we are planning to Commemorate Dr Bhupen Hazarika with illustrated talk, music and film at India House on Friday 16th, November, 2018  at 6 pm.
Dr Bhupen Hazarika was a stalwart in the annals of India's cultural heritage today. He was a maestro, a living legend and a national and international  cultural icon, who represents and reflects with perfection, the socio-cultural political image of our great country India. The bard of Brahmaputra fell silent for eternity on November 05, 2011 at the age of 85. Now that mighty voice has fallen silent. Assam is poorer for it. The world is poorer for it.

We would like to invite you for this event. We are expecting representatives from Assam & Bangladesh to attend this event followed by a reception.

Compere : Lalit Mohan Joshi, Director /Editor at South Asian Cinema Foundation (SACF)                  Rita Payne, President Emeritus, Commonwealth  Journalists Association                  Kailash Budhwar – Former head of Hindi and Tamil section at BBC World Service